Having access to the right computer equipment for Online learning will be essential to your success,
These UVI Online computer requirements are expected to work for most students under most conditions. There may be courses that will have additional technical requirements and those will supersede the specifications listed below.
The online learning environment at University of Virgin Islands is comprised of multiple technologies working in conjunction with each other. Blackboard is currently used as our learning management system.
Your computer equipment should meet the following minimum technical requirements to access course content and participate in course activities.
- A computer (desktop or laptop; MAC OS or Windows) equipped with a camera, microphone, speakers or headset.
- Monitor capable of at least 1024 x 768 resolution.
- Adequate hard drive or cloud storage to save learning resources and completed assessment activities.
- High speed Internet access
- Office productivity applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint which are available as a UVI student at no additional cost.
- Printer and scanner (may be required for some activities).
- Internet Browser.
- Blackboard application for students installed on your mobile device which can be downloaded from the respective app store.
- Access to your UVI student email account.
Your instructor may require the use of additional software for your course that may not be listed on this page. Review your course syllabus and contact your instructor for additional information if needed.
When you are equipped with the right computer equipment and resources, you can be successful in UVI Online!